Hair Analysis or Tissue Mineral Analysis
Trace Mineral Analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body's tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body.
Example: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium level two or three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case a strong tendency exist for arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to calcium plaques).
If your calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward osteoporosis (demineralization of the bone), increased tendency to bone fractures, dental caries, periodontal disease, muscle cramps, etc.
Various mineral imbalances, as revealed by hair analysis frequently lead to metabolic dysfunction's before any symptoms become manifest. A trace mineral analysis is preventive as well as being useful as a screening tool.
Who Needs a Hair Analysis?
Anyone who is found I'll and no explanation can be found, or when the cause seems to be found but the therapy is not wholly effective. Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes in body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies may result in early, subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spot in fingernails-indicate a possible date deficiency.
- Longitudinal ringing in nails- indicates an iron deficiency
- Brittle hair and nails- is a calcium and copper imbalance
- Deep grooves across the nails- is a calcium deficiency
- Stretch marks- zinc deficiency
- Lack of growth- zinc deficiency
- Mood swings- possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium
The above indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
Common Causes of Mineral Imbalance could be improper diet, taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current body chemistry, medications, (including birth control pills), stress, accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby, or inheritance of mineral patterns from parents.
Did You Know...
- Women's premenstrual headaches often caused by too much copper in their system?
- Arthritis pain can be caused by lead, cadmium or mercury poisoning?
- Adolescent acne can be caused by lead or copper poisoning as well as zinc deficiency?
- Hyperactive children often have too much lead in their systems?
- Mercury toxicity in the mother's system can kill her unborn child?
- The male prostate gland contains more zinc than any other organ in the body? Because of this adequate zinc levels are important for male potency
- Diuretics often prescribed for patients with high blood pressure and heart trouble can decrease your potassium supply?
- Hair analysis is the most efficient means of determining exactly what vitamins and minerals you do need?
- High levels of copper and iron in the body tissue can cause migraine headaches and even schizophrenia?
- Adequate zinc intake helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Lead toxicity is linked to multiple sclerosis?
- Chromium, manganese, magnesium and vitamin B6 deficiency are related to diabetes?
- Vitamin B12, folic acid, vitamin E, zinc and chromium are important for users of birth control pills?
- Magnesium deficiency is related to epilepsy, leukemia, heart disease and kidney disorders?
- As many as 250,000 women in the US at any given time may be suffering from iron deficiency anemia?
- Beryllium, lead, cadmium, nickel and arsenic poisoning can cause cancer?
- The mineral lithium is being used to alleviate many of the problems associated with manic-depressive illnesses?
Call us today to schedule your Hair Analysis...you will be glad you did.